The Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation (BBSEF) is a separate entity from Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area.
BBSEF offers Alpine, Freeski, Snowboard and Mountain Bike participants the opportunity to achieve their highest potential as athletes and competitors while keeping the training sessions fun and full of energy. Winning events is secondary to instilling a good work ethic, self-esteem, and enthusiasm. Sustained interest in the program is best served by cultivating a supportive team environment based on mutual respect as well as self-motivation.
The BBSEF Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers dedicated to our mission of providing competitive mountain sports programs for Treasure Valley Youth. Elections are held during the Annual Meeting in April/May of each calendar year.
Essential Board of Director Duties and Responsibilities
- It is expected that all BBSEF Board members be present at a minimum of 70% of all scheduled board meetings and are encouraged to have 100% attendance. Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month September – May. Summer meetings may be scheduled as needed.
- Board Members are expected to chair a department at the ski swap.
- Board Members are expected to fill a table at the Winter Welcome and acquire/provide at least one auction item for the live or silent auction.
- Be a positive role model for BBSEF
- Assist in developing policies to enhance all BBSEF programs
- Set an example and show initiative regarding volunteer hours for BBSEF events
- The BBSEF Board of Directors does not set content or curriculum for the various programs.
- The BBSEF Board of Directors does not hire coaches for the various programs.
- The BBSEF Board of Directors is not responsible for communications with Bogus Basin.