The Freeski Home Team (formerly All-Mountain) is for skiers ages 9 - 13 years of age. This group will build on fundamental skiing skills, safety awareness, team camaraderie and sportsmanship. Participants will explore the entire mountain in a fun and safe learning environment; skiing steeps, bumps, groomers, powder, crud, trees, race courses, rails/boxes, and jumps.
Participants must be able to ski at an intermediate level and should be comfortable skiing down the entire Deer Point area and Lower Nugget, Wild Cat, and Paradise runs on the Pine Creek Chair and Nighthawk, Triumph, and War Eagle on the Superior Chair.
Goals & Skills
- Build confidence to ski/ride all types of terrain.
- Introduce young skiers/riders to a fundamental skills progression
- Introduction of snow sports competition.
- Create strong peer relationships/group dynamics.
- Instill respect for people, places, and property
- Off-piste skiing
- Skiing in the terrain park
- Pole Usage
We meet in front of the Jason Harper Training Center, located between the Pioneer (upper) lodge and the Bitterroot chairlift.
Coaches/Athletes meet at their assigned country flag.
- 9:25am - Meet at flags(JHTC) boots on ready to go.
- 9:30 am – Groups leave for morning training
- 11:45 am -Meet at the flags for a parent-supervised lunch break
- 12:30 pm - Meet coaches at flags- afternoon training
- 3:00 pm - Pick up athletes at flags
Coaches Cup Competitions
Athletes will participate in the Coaches Cup Series. This series is designed to expose the groups to the different disciplines of skiing in a friendly competition environment. Events may include, Big Mountain, Slopestyle, Galende Jump, Giant Slalom and Slalom. Participants compete on the same day they train. Saturday athletes compete on Saturday. Sunday athletes compete on Sunday.
Additional Training Opportunities
Christmas Camp - December 27, 28, January 3 & 4 You may choose any or all days. The training schedule is the same as our Saturday/Sunday training schedule.
U12 Athletes (ages 10+) may add on Wednesday night training. Wednesday night training begins in January and includes bus transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a U-Class?
Your U (Under) Class is the age group that you will compete in. Each U class is specific to age on Dec. 31st:
- U8 = ages 6-7
- U10 = ages 8-9
- U12 = ages 10-11
- U12 = ages 12-13
- U16 = ages 14-15
What equipment is needed?
- Warm Winter jacket
- Snow pants
- Base layer
- Ski Socks
- Goggles, gloves (two pairs for snowy days), and neck gator.
- One pair of all mountain skis.
- Ski poles that are the right size (does not apply to snowboard)
- Boots that fit and that are age appropriate
- A proper ski helmet that fits
- Sunscreen that can be permanently located in your child’s jacket.
- A good backpack to transport all gear to and from the mountain.
- Bogus Basin Season Pass (not included in BBSEF team fees)
U.S. Ski and Snowboard and the U.S. Center for SafeSport provide many free resources for parents who want to educate themselves and their children on Athlete Safety.
As an example, parents are encouraged to complete the Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sports. We also encourage parents to take an age-appropriate SafeSport course from the menu below with their children.
Participants must be able to ski at an intermediate level.
The Freeski Devo program is for skiers 9 - 13 years of age. Participants choose either the Saturday program or the Sunday program and that is your day for the entire season!
Training - Dec. 16 or 17 - March 9 or 10,
9:30 am - 3:00 pm.
This team has a waitlist.
There is no training on December 23/24, and February 17/18 (Presidents weekend.)
Sportsmanship * Fun * Integrity * Grit * Teamwork